Tuesday 23 April 2013

Magazine cover - drawn flat plan and template

In class we were given the template below to use to refer to when creating a flat plan for our beginning ideas for our magazine cover.

This was helpful in addition because it contained all of the technical terminology for a magazine layout such as masthead and coverlines. We can now use these when referring to them in our coursework .

This is my flat plan draft -

As you can see my artistic skills are not very good therefore I just did stick figures to represent the actual photos or digital images that will replace them in the real poster. 

In order to make it look like a magazine, I tried to add all of the standard magazine conventions, for example i had a column of coverlines, incentives and a barcode. I feel these features made my magazine cover as authentic as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment