Monday 16 July 2012

Contrasting conventions of British and American Narratives

For part of our research, I thought it would be interesting to compare the differences between English narratives and American narratives within the film industry, as this may help me decide what kind of film I want my trailer to depict and whether i want to develop or keep the same the conventions of my film, depending what genre or style it will be. 

I also have to take into account that my film will take place in England and the actors will most probably be English, as this is where I am now, and I dont have the resources or budget to film my trailer anywhere else! 

Due to this fact, I will have to decide whether or not my film will stay mainly true to a typical English narrative or if I want to encorporate some American conventions into it where I can.  




I used 'Wordle' to make these word clouds to show the different typical conventions in a creative and easy to read way.

No comments:

Post a Comment